What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring disk availability in via failover cluster manager

Votes:

Good morning Paessler! We have a customer who uses failover cluster management in server 2016 to manage the ownership of disks between 2 SQL machines. Is there a sensor or combo of sensors that can ensure that this is working correctly? At the moment we use disk space sensors on both SQL servers and acknoweldge the alarming disks provided they are green on the secondary host. However this is not foolproof and i found that we had WMI Sluggish warnings on these rather than alarms despite neither SQL host being able to see the disks for over ten hours.

Please advise me the best way of tackling this if you can :)

Thanks in advance ma dudes Sam

auto-acknowledge clustering failovercluster

Created on Jan 12, 2018 8:42:29 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hey Sam,

Nice to hear from you, hope you're doing well? Did you already see this one:
Can I Monitor Mounted Windows Volumes with PRTG?

Not sure if it applies to your use case, though :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 12, 2018 8:57:31 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.