What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

IIS Appliciation Pool Monitoring

Votes:

Hi,

When we deploy a new version of our website to a windows AWS instance running IIS. I would like to be able to dynamically add the application pools within IIS to PRTG, along with removing any no longer used App Pools all done from a Teamcity build pipeline.

Does anyone know of a way of doing this?

Thanks

Darren.

application-pool iis prtg teamcity

Created on Jan 12, 2018 3:26:19 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Darren,

Do I understand you correctly, that you want to add a sensor to PRTG as soon as you upload a new version of your website to the AWS instance?

If so please note that there is no meta scan or something similar, but you could consider to check out device templates that will easily deploy a pre-defined bunch of sensors to a device.

If I misunderstood your request, please further clarify the situation, as it will allow me to better understand the situation described.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 15, 2018 2:39:04 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.