What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Reduce white-space between sensors?

Votes:

Is there are way to reduce the amount of vertical white-space displayed in the device tree view?

Regardless of the size chosen over half the vertical pixels are white-space rather than useful information. This might be good for people with monitors in Portrait mode, but it's no use with widescreen ratio monitors in landscape. I'd rather have a compact view where I can see everything without scrolling, than a pretty looking page that doesn't show me what I need.

I've checked the Settings but couldn't find anything.

We're currently on 18.1.36.3728+

display view web-interface

Created on Jan 15, 2018 10:03:26 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the KB-Post. The amount of white space shows in the device view does depend on the structure of your device tree to a certain extend. The more devices per group and sensors per device you have the less white space will be shown. To get a feeling for your installation, can you share a screenshot so that we can an impression of the ratio (white space vs. information) on your installation? Thank you!

best regards.

Created on Jan 15, 2018 1:16:59 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.