What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Active Directory Integration Not Working

Votes:

I've seen this question asked here before, although the resolutions have not worked out for me.

I've connected our PRTG installation to Active Directory under Core & Probes settings. All goes through smoothly with the PRTG Service account setting. Although I have also tested "Use explicit credentials" and that works as well.

Now I go into User Groups and configured an "IT Group" which links to an Active Directory Group that is specific to IT users. I made sure to give IT administrative rights. I click on Continue, and the group is set up.

When I try to log into it with my personal IT account which is in the same Active Directory Group that I selected in PRTG, I get this error: "Your login has failed, no corresponding Active Directory Security Group was found. Please contact your administrator!"

What am I doing wrong?

active-directory active-directory-group prtg

Created on Jan 17, 2018 1:25:38 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The problem for me was that I had to use only the firstname.lastname part without the @domain.com for the username.

Created on Feb 24, 2018 1:11:31 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi Peter,

Only groups with direct members will work here - so you'll need to enter the actual AD group in order for this to work properly.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 17, 2018 9:45:31 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The problem for me was that I had to use only the firstname.lastname part without the @domain.com for the username.

Created on Feb 24, 2018 1:11:31 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.