What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

After upgrade - PRTG EC no longer connects

Votes:

Hi Team,

This one has me stumped a bit. Tonight I updated the EC to version 18.1.36.3728, After it auto rebooted the PC the EC trys to connect and reports NOT CONNECTED (Error in content:).

I checked the running services and can see the Core service is not running, and will not start. Manual start results in an error saying the service did not respond in a timely fashion.

I have tried setting the port number in the server connection page to SSL from HTML I have set the browser to Firefoxz The server IP is set to a local host, but as the core is not running... when I updated some time back to version 17 I had to do something to fix this problem, but for the life of me I cannot remember what I ended up doing.

The Windows is Ver 7 and the AV is avast (http://127.0.0.1 is on the exclude firewall list).

Thanks for your time looking at this message -

Late Happy new year

Mat

18-1-36-3728 ec error-loading upgrade

Created on Jan 17, 2018 10:00:56 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I had the same issue

I have download the exe file of the version 18..... and with a simple installation and a reboot. Now it is ok.

Raphaël

Created on Jan 18, 2018 10:46:29 AM

Votes:

Please forward us the system log files for analysis. Because the web interface is not accessible, please open the "PRTG Administration Tool" and send us the Log Files from the tab card "Logs and Infos".

If your PRTG server is not connected to the internet, please manually create a Zip archive of the "Logs (System)" folder, and send it to us with an email and a reference to this KB-Thread.

Created on Jan 18, 2018 2:28:46 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The Logs were uploaded at 20:07 18/01/18 as requested.

Created on Jan 18, 2018 8:13:14 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.