What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Combining devices

Votes:

Is there a way to combine devices? Basically what I'd like to do is have a single device, lets call it Server1. Then sensors under Server1 I have combined sensor configs that are connecting to different IP addresses. One IP is the OS, and the other is for the iDRAC. Currently, I have to add a device named Server1-iDRAC and I'd like to know if there is a way to combine. I'm pulling the Dell Health from the iDRAC interface and using SNMP to monitor hardware health.

idrac snmp snmpdellsystemhealthsensor

Created on Jan 19, 2018 6:54:06 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear JFATX,

in PRTG, a device object can have only one host/IP address. Devices cannot be combined, but you can put device objects in groups. This allows to create a tree which shows the logical structure.

Created on Jan 22, 2018 12:43:35 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.