What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Display issues PRTG 18.1.36.3728+

Votes:

Hello,

I recently updated our PRTG installation to the newest version. The new look and feel is nice!

Since the upgrade we have issues with the devices page. When i unfold one of our probes, it doesnt show all its configured locations (should be around 80ish). i can only see the first 50 or so. only when i unfold a location the last locations pop-up on screen.

Hope you guys can help.

devices prtg update

Created on Jan 22, 2018 7:56:24 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

In addition to the above described problem, we also experience some unavailability with PRTG. Just ago i was creating a report for a customer, where i got an AJAX error and now PRTG is unresponsive. Both services are running and even the enterprise console on the server cannot connect to PRTG.

Restarting the core service does not work and we need to kill the process which temporarily fixed the issue with unavailability.

the other day, my colleague deleted a sensor, which triggerd prtg to stop responding. He had to do the same to "fix" PRTG

Created on Jan 22, 2018 9:46:30 AM

Votes:

An update:

What we can see during the unavailabiltiy of PRTG is, that the memory conscumption sky rockets. to 90 - 100% memory usage.

Created on Jan 22, 2018 9:58:54 AM

Votes:

Hi Roy,

We'll require a Support Bundle which contains log files of your installation. Navigate to the Setup > Contact Support page and forward the bundle. We'll get back to you after we could review these files.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 22, 2018 1:16:20 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.