What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Grid View Font Colour

Votes:

We have just updated to the new UI. Overall it is good, aside from one problem we're having with the font colour on the grid device tree view.

The font colour is white, and this is difficult to read on all but 'down' devices (white on light green, white on yellow etc.).

Using my browser's html inspector, it looks like the culprit is:

.treemap .cell.device a { ... color: inherit; ... }

when I disable this statement, the text becomes a more readable colour.

In all the other device tree views, the font colour for device names is black.

css gui web-gui web-interface

Created on Jan 25, 2018 12:19:36 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

I'm asking our devs about this for other users as well. I'll be in touch once I hear something.

Created on Jan 26, 2018 12:11:43 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Any news on this?

Created on Feb 12, 2018 3:27:49 PM

Votes:

Craig,

Apologies, as someone should be answering this soon.

Created on Feb 13, 2018 5:58:25 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Craig, Have you tried updating to 18.1.37?

Created on Feb 13, 2018 7:38:28 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

No? Has there been a change applied in that update relating to this?

Created on Feb 14, 2018 10:14:15 AM

Votes:

Craig,

In our 18.1.37 build we have numerous fixes. I think there might be a solution for you issue in this build.

Created on Feb 14, 2018 10:48:29 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi Benjamin, We are running 18.1.37 and it is still the same. No one can read the maps with white font on yellow/orange/green especially because even if you have a group of devices and bring that up, although the area for each device becomes larger the font remains the same size. If this is not going to be resolved, are we able to downgrade at all? Thanks in advance. Alex

Created on Feb 21, 2018 8:20:08 AM

Votes:

I can provide you with a link to the last version with the old UI, but you will not be able to update past that. You would need to download a freeware version, copy your data into it, and use it to check and see if your map works in the latest version.

Let me know how you want to proceed.

Created on Feb 22, 2018 3:16:49 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.