What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Linux snmp sensor monitoring

Votes:

hi,

I had monitor Solaris 9 server from remote site but the only ping and smtp sensor was discover. I would like to monitor the CPU, disk and memory from this server. I already config and enable the snmp credentials for this server where we set it to snmpv3 but still not working.

how to make PRTG discover other sensor from SNMP for this server? I'm still newbie on PRTG so please be nice with me....

linux sensor snmp

Created on Jan 29, 2018 2:45:23 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Dean,
thank you for your KB-Post.

Since you've just configured SNMP, please make sure that the very same SNMP V3 credentials have been configured in the device's settings in PRTG. To validate them, simply deploy a new "SNMP System Uptime" sensor, it must come up.

If it doesn't, it's very likely an SNMP communication or authentication issue. In this case please refer to:

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jan 30, 2018 11:44:57 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Jan 30, 2018 11:45:37 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.