What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI requests for System Information

Votes:

Hi,

On Device-Level (Settings, Windows Compatibility Options) it is possible to set timout for WMI. Does this value apply to the timeout for the WMI request for System Information as well?

Where can I increase the timeout for the WMI request for System Information? Which script or file is responsible for requesting the System Informations?

br

Dieter

prtg system-information wmi

Created on Jan 30, 2018 11:56:38 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Dieter,

The WMI connections are unique for each device. This means that the timeout value of the device settings also applies to the checks performed by the system information.

The system information is not based on any exchangeable template file, the queries are hard coded.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 31, 2018 5:16:35 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I tested WMI-reachability of WMI with the Paessler WMI Tester. I ran it from the PRTG Server (=Probe) against the Device IP Address, and with the same Credentials as in the Device Settings.

Query: Select * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem

Duration: 5472 ms

Test-Result: a correct Result was delivered.

But the System Information still show "No Data Available" but errors. Mostly "Error: Error 106".

What can I else do to troubleshoot this?

best regards, Dieter

Created on Feb 11, 2018 11:42:41 PM

Votes:

Hi Dieter,

We appreciate your contact.

Please check the Prerequisites of the System Information Tab.

Please send me a screenshot of the error message if the problem persists.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 12, 2018 3:16:07 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.