What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Multiple network out to Internet, Ping through 1 specific network out

Votes:

We have 2 internet providers, 1 main and 1 fail overs if main goes out. currently we dont have a automatic fail over i would like to be able possible ping to an external I.P through the main network and if it fails going through the main internet, allows me to be notified it is down.

Thank you

internet network ping

Created on Feb 5, 2018 5:16:19 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the KB-Post. Would a simple device with www.google.com and one Ping Sensor do the trick? Or as an alternative, use the "Common SaaS"-Sensor, because it also checks the availability of various websites, if all are "unavailable" it's likely that your internet connection is down.

best regards.

Created on Feb 5, 2018 1:25:27 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.