What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

"Sensors With Status Down" page modify to show sensor's "Down for" data

Votes:

Hi Paessler,

Could you please advise if it's possible to modify "Sensors With Status Down" table to show "Down For" data. (this column is shown in down acknowledge sensors table)

Currently "Sensors With Status Down" table shows: Sensor,Probe Group Device,Status,Message,Last Value,Graph,Priority,Fav.

Thanks and regards, Terry

dashboard down-sensors map status table

Created on Feb 7, 2018 3:00:13 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello Terry,

Thank you very much for your contact.

What version of PRTG are you running? In PRTG 18.1.37.12158, which is the latest stable at current, there are the following columns for a Down (Acknowledged) sensor:

SensorProbe Group DeviceStatusMessageLast ValueGraphPriorityFav

So basically the very same as you see for Down sensors. This are the default values and can't be modified, I'm afraid.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Feb 7, 2018 10:33:52 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

Sorry I saw "down for" column in "new alarms" page.

If it's not possible to change the "down" page, could we make a custom map/dashboard table to have "down for" column?

Regards, Terry

Created on Feb 7, 2018 11:56:36 PM

Votes:

Hi Terry,

May I ask you to elaborate what the "Down for" column actually shows? Does this column refers to a reason or time?
What PRTG version are you currently using?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Feb 8, 2018 4:46:45 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

We are using version 17.4.35.3441+ "Down for" column shows how long the sensor has been down for. If we have a new error trigger, there would be a red tab show on the top right hand corner - "New alarms #". The table on that page call "Sensors With Alarms" with the below column:

Sensor | Probe Group| Device| Status| Down for| Message| Last Value| Graph| Priority

The html source code for the column:

<th class="col-downtimesince"><a href="#" class="reloadtablelink " data-reload="[{&quot;name&quot;:&quot;sortby&quot;,&quot;value&quot;:&quot;downtimesince&quot;}]">Down for&nbsp;<i class="glyph-sort"></i></a></th>

Regards,

Terry

Created on Feb 8, 2018 11:03:39 PM

Votes:

Hello Terry,

Thank you very much for the information provided. Please update PRTG to the latest version 18.1.37.12158 and let me know what do you think. We changed the visualization of down sensors a bit and this is maybe helpful.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Feb 9, 2018 1:38:03 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.