What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Objects on map don't update

Votes:

I have created a map that refreshes every 30 seconds. However, the objects on the map do not appear to refresh - the sunburst and other objects continue to show the state that the network was in when I opened the map.

The only thing that does update to show the current status of objects is the geo map.

At the moment I am considering having the browser refresh every 30 seconds, but am wondering if there is anything else I could try first.

maps prtg refresh

Created on Feb 8, 2018 10:46:17 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Are you using the map via the Home menu or its dedicated map link? The first one will use the refresh option of the webinterface instead of the 60s which is default for the maps. Let me know if that applies.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 9, 2018 11:46:48 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am using the map via the Home menu. I hadn't released that the behavior of the map would be different depending on how I accessed it - this helps a lot. Thanks!

Created on Feb 9, 2018 1:55:48 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.