What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Count of Oracle Open Sessions

Votes:

I am trying to figure out how to get a count of the number of open sessions on our Oracle database. I have the sample Oracle SQL script running which grabs the up time, so I am at least able to connect to Oracle. But, trying to get the script to get the Open session is not working. What my Oracle DBA sent me to get the count and other info is.

select sid, serial#, username , schemaname , osuser from v$session order by schemaname /

Anyone know how to translate that into a script to get the count of sessions?

Cheers

database oracle oracle-sql-sensor

Created on Feb 13, 2018 4:42:34 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Could you provide me with the output of this? Simply use the table markup:

|=header|=header|=header|
|row|row|row ya boat|

...results in:

headerheaderheader
rowrowrow ya boat

Then I'll provide the corresponding configuration :)

Kind regards
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 15, 2018 8:10:37 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for getting back to me. I ended up playing with this and have gotten it to work. This is what I am using to get the number of sessions

select
sid,
serial#,
username
, schemaname
, osuser
from v$session
order by schemaname;

And then I had t tell the system to Count Table Rows and set the Primary Channel to Affected Rows

As another point, I also wanted to count the number of processes. To get that I used

Select count(*) from v$process;

and set the Sensor to Process Table Data, Sensor Channel #1 Name to Count(*), Sensor Channel #1 Column Name to Count(*), Select Channel Value by Column Name, and set Primary Channel to Count (*)

Pretty cool item to get working. Thanks for including this sensor. It is very nice!

Cheers

Dave

Created on Feb 15, 2018 7:17:39 PM

Last change on Feb 16, 2018 7:02:52 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Glad you already got it up and running :) Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 16, 2018 7:03:18 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.