What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Probe Service is stopping

Votes:

Hi. When I open PRTG console, it shows an error which is "Monitoring may be incomplete or inaccurate because one or more parts of PRTG are not working properly!". Then I've checked service menu.

PRTG Core Server Service is working. But PRTG Probe Service is stopping. Even though I tried to start it, I can't start it because "start" is not active.( stop, Pause, Resume,Restart also can't click)

How can I start this Service?

Kindly please check it.

probe prtg service

Created on Feb 15, 2018 12:13:22 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi Takahiro

If the service is "in stopping state", then you need to "taskkill" it, bevor you can change anything else. Then try to start the service again

regards Thomas

Created on Feb 20, 2018 1:40:22 PM

Votes:

Yes, Thomas is right. It's important to note however, that you need admin rights to control the service (or to taskkill the probe process). We also had a situation in older PRTG versions where the PRTG Probe Service may got "stuck" in the stopping state. This is no longer an issue in newer versions.

Best Regards,

Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Feb 21, 2018 6:55:11 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Feb 21, 2018 6:55:20 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.