What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Live graphs inverted?

Votes:

I have created a map with two graphs of live bandwidth usage. These have a white background. We recently changed PRTG to the dark theme. The background of these graphs stay white. Is it possible to invert them somehow?

graphs inverted map

Created on Feb 19, 2018 2:25:37 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

It has (currently) nothing to do with it :) I was just picking up what I wrote earlier, that it is intended to introduce a change that the theme setting of the user that's configured in the map's "Security Context" will be applied to the map and its objects.

Right now the dark theme is not applied consistently/correctly on maps, even when using a map that requires credentials and using a user with the dark theme enabled. This is still on the "to-do list", though I have no ETA when this will be implemented.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Feb 21, 2018 5:54:37 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

Since the theme is a user specific setting, it will be applied in maps for non-public maps as you need to be logged in. In public map links no user context is being applied. It is intended to change this in a later update, most likely the solution will be that the user's theme will be used that is set in "Security Context" inside the map's settings.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Feb 20, 2018 11:36:57 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Erhard,

This is not actually a public map. I have changed the theme to dark for the user, but the graphs itself still have a white background.

Created on Feb 20, 2018 11:40:43 AM

Votes:

"The user" meaning the user you're using to view the map? Keep in mind that the user configured in the security context has currently no effect theme-wise.

Created on Feb 20, 2018 4:29:49 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I don't understand what security has to do with the graphs being white? But I understand it's not possible to invert the graphs at this moment?

Created on Feb 20, 2018 4:32:25 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

It has (currently) nothing to do with it :) I was just picking up what I wrote earlier, that it is intended to introduce a change that the theme setting of the user that's configured in the map's "Security Context" will be applied to the map and its objects.

Right now the dark theme is not applied consistently/correctly on maps, even when using a map that requires credentials and using a user with the dark theme enabled. This is still on the "to-do list", though I have no ETA when this will be implemented.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Feb 21, 2018 5:54:37 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.