What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I get Geo Maps larger than 640x640? Can I have mouse hover functions?

Votes:

Is there a way to make the Geo Map that shows the devices larger? Also, rather than listing the devices, would it be possible to have it display the device name when you put your mouse over the map location?

devices geo map monitoring

Created on Aug 15, 2010 5:33:28 PM

Last change on Aug 19, 2010 8:19:12 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

3 Replies

Votes:

The Geo Map feature of PRTG 8 relies on the "Google Static Maps API" which has some limitations. For this reason we can not add your suggested features currently.

Created on Aug 16, 2010 11:46:32 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

Now that PRTG 14.4.x (and higher) can use MapQuest (which we are using and works very well!) is there a way to scale my default Geo Map to larger than 640x640? I have many clients who wish to use the geo map feature as their "dashboard" for multi-site monitoring in a NOC environment. (The roll-up status works very well and clients love it, it just doesn;t look so great on a 16:9 or 16:10 monitor that is 50" or bigger.

Thanks, Todd

Created on Jun 11, 2015 3:00:13 PM

Votes:

You can put a Geo Map on a Map an scale it to any size you want. BTW a Map is much more suitable as a NOC monitor display because you can arrange a multitude of PRTG Map Objects to suit the needs of your customers.

Have look at https://www.paessler.com/support/videos/prtg-advanced/creating-maps

Created on Jun 12, 2015 7:58:17 AM by  Stefan Messner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.