What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Don't have Setup API menu option

Votes:

I don't have the Setup>PRTG API under my menu. What needs to be set to enable this?

api menu setup

Created on Feb 20, 2018 11:28:02 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

If you just hover over the "Setup" menu entry, a dropdown will appear and the API is shown - or is it? :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 20, 2018 1:57:57 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

No it's not appearing, was wondering if it's enabled by profile I only get Overview, Account Settings and Downloads

Although I have now found I can get there by going to /api.htm under our domain which is good enough for me :)

Created on Feb 20, 2018 2:47:47 PM

Votes:

It may be possible that your account is not administrative, which will cause the menu point not to be shown. Does that apply? :)

Kind regards,

Created on Feb 20, 2018 7:41:36 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, that's the case - my account is not administrative.

Although it would be good to have the flexibility to be able to use the recommended way to get to the documentation where a user is not an admin user. I can create sensors for custom probes that I have written, but haven't been able to get to the documentation in the API setup for custom sensors!

I had to resort to installing prtg on a local PC to access the documentation

Created on Feb 20, 2018 8:29:16 PM

Votes:

Well, that's one way to go :) Sharing the link would be easier I guess :)

Kind regards,

Created on Feb 20, 2018 8:57:21 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.