What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unit changes from MB to GB

Votes:

Dear all,

my sflow sesnwor showed top connections always in MB and after a server reboot the numerical values did not change, but the unit was now GB, which means the traffic increases by factor 1000....

I cant find a point where to set the units in sflow sensor.

Thanks in advance

prtg sesnor sflow

Created on Feb 22, 2018 1:21:40 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,
thank you for your KB-Post.

There is no way to configure a unit for display in toplists. PRTG will automatically chose the "appropriate" unit based on what amount of data the toplist entry displays.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Feb 23, 2018 1:39:38 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hi,

the problem is, that the numerical values are in the same magnitude, but the Unit changed from MB to GB.

For example traffic for a connection was 54.003 MB and the next day it showed 50.458 GB, which is not possible.

This behaviour changed after I restarted the server due to another error...

Any Ideas?

Thanks Frank

Created on Feb 28, 2018 12:12:31 PM

Votes:

Hello Frank,
thank you for your reply.

What PRTG version are you currently running? Would you mind sharing a couple of screenshots illustrating the issue? Upload them anywhere and link them in your reply.

Best Regards,

Created on Feb 28, 2018 1:39:38 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hello,

Version is 18.1.37.13946.

Here is a screenshot with data from a 15 min slice from Top Protocols of an sflow sensor.

https://ibb.co/gJFf5x

This is a client / server connection and this magnitude is simply not possible.

Unfortunately the data from the day when int switched frim MB to GB is not available anymore.

Thanks Frank

Created on Mar 1, 2018 9:13:51 AM

Votes:

Hello Frank,
thank you for your reply.

Please allow me to report this to the responsible developer. I will let you know more as soon I have an answer from development.

In the meantime, within PRTG please head to Setup > Contact Support and share a Base Pack with log files (recommended) for the following case number: PAEXXXXXX74

We will need some details of your deployment and logs to understand what is going on.

Best Regards,

Created on Mar 1, 2018 12:08:37 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Mar 2, 2018 9:46:40 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

..thanks, I have done so...

Created on Mar 2, 2018 6:41:07 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.