What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

webinterface - chinese signs instead of icons

Votes:

Hi Paessler

I have a testserver running on 18.1.37.13946 (fresh installation). My webinterface shows chinese signs instead of the icons for "Management", "Settings" and "Notifications". Is this a known issue and is there a fix for it? Sometimes it works as it should if I change the interface's language from englisch to german and switch back.

Thanks Marcel

tag2 tag3 webinterface

Created on Feb 23, 2018 1:26:31 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Yep, I know - we're working on resolving the issue, but as of now, only a different browser works :)

Created on Feb 23, 2018 2:38:18 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi Marcel,

That issue usually happens only within IE11 - using a different browser is the solution here, as we're no longer putting any effort into making PRTG compatible with it.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 23, 2018 1:43:06 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok, got that. Works in chrome.

But - https://www.de.paessler.com/prtg/requirements#interfaces

Die folgenden Browser werden von der browserbasierten PRTG-Hauptnutzeroberfläche unterstützt (Reihenfolge nach Leistung und Stabilität). Die Bildschirmauflösung sollte mindestens 1024 x 768 Pixel betragen, wir empfehlen eine größere Auflösung.

Google Chrome 59 oder höher (empfohlen) Mozilla Firefox 54 oder höher Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 Andere oder ältere Browser sind möglicherweise nicht funktionsfähig.

:-)

Created on Feb 23, 2018 2:03:57 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Yep, I know - we're working on resolving the issue, but as of now, only a different browser works :)

Created on Feb 23, 2018 2:38:18 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Using version 18.1.36.3733 on Internet Explorer 11.2273.14393.0 on Windows 2016 Server. I received the wrong (Chinese) icons. I defaulted the settings on the browser, rebooted the server and the site returned the proper icons for English.

Internet Options, Advanced, Reset, check Delete personal settings, Reset

This was a new clean server instance. Hope this helps.

Created on Sep 11, 2018 9:54:55 PM

Votes:

Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge, as well as other current browsers that are not officially supported have issues with some functionalities of the PRTG web interface. However, you can access the web interface with any browser, like Chrome, Opera, or Firefox.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 12, 2018 8:12:45 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.