What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor Dell System Health "Warning" state yet all channels are green

Votes:

I have noticed on a few of the "Sensor Dell System Health" sensors that the main channel "Global System Status" is in a "Non Critical" state. This turns the overall sensor into a [Warning] state. However all the other channels within this sensor are in a [Green] state. I assume that the "Global System Status" is a reflection of the other channels as a whole. Is there something wrong with the sensor setup? Or is there something on the Dell machine that needs addressed?

Thanks,

Matt

global-system-status non-critical sensor-dell-system-health

Created on Feb 26, 2018 3:03:26 PM

Last change on Feb 27, 2018 8:25:28 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello there,
thank you for your KB-Post.

Well observed. The Global System Status is not a summarization of the other channels. It may report issues that are not picked up by any other channel. This specific channel, is polling the following Dell Metric:

systemStateGlobalSystemStatus
0200.0010.0001.0002 This attribute defines the global system status of all chassis being monitored by the systems management software.
other(1), unknown(2), ok(3), nonCritical(4), critical(5), nonRecoverable(6)

If the channel is showing the Non-Critical state, I encourage you to check the server's iDRAC as it may contain more details about the error/issue.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Feb 27, 2018 8:36:48 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Feb 27, 2018 9:11:12 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.