What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI event log senzor doesnt work!!

Votes:

Hello,

I have to monitor "Clean restart" of our servers, therefore i use this senzor which should suit just well for this kind of onformation, but its doesnt. When i restart server for testing purpose - nothing happend with senzor. I think i have set up everything which should be but nothing change. There are another senzors like disk free space, etc on server which works, so network/permission problem is not my problem. Setting of senzor:

• Log File - System
  • Event Type - information
  • Filter by Source - User32
  • Filter by ID - 1074
  • 60 seconds scanning interval
  • primary channel - New record
    • Enable Limits - Upper Error Limit (#/s) - 0,0001

Is there any limitations of senzor? Or is there something bad with setting?
Thanks for any advices

eventlog eventlog-wmi wmi

Created on Mar 1, 2018 8:38:30 AM

Last change on Mar 1, 2018 9:13:28 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Do you see the Eventlog ID 1074 while manually open the Windows Event logs?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Mar 1, 2018 8:37:35 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Sure i see 1074, but senzr doesnt change

Created on Mar 2, 2018 6:20:38 AM

Votes:

Hi,

You need to enable the channel limits to change the status of the sensor as soon as a message arrives. You can click onto the "New Records" tab and enter the Upper Error Limit (#/s) 0,00000001, which will immediately trigger if the event occurs. This allows you to create a new notification trigger on this sensor to notify you directly, enter "0" for the time.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Mar 2, 2018 10:59:07 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.