What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Folder Sensor Errors No Such Folder when Folder Exists

Votes:

Hi guys,

We have a Folder sensor watching for when backups are written to a directory and alarming if this doesnt take place daily. As of today we are seeing this report that there are multiple connections over the same creds. I disproved this as i rebooted all the servers involved, created a new user acct just for this device, cleared all existing smb connections and all the suggestions in your linked articles on other forum threads.

To workaround this i mapped the directory as a network drive onto the probe device and tried to run the folder sensor from there, however this also doesnt work as it claims the path doesnt exist. This UNC is browsable from the probe and all places.

I am officially stumped as to how to fix this any advice?

folder smb unc

Created on Mar 2, 2018 12:52:17 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Can you open a support ticket, and give us a screenshot of the settings tab for the sensor?

Created on Mar 3, 2018 6:32:01 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.