What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notification UP not working properly

Votes:

At the moment I have a down state notification set that if a sensor is down for 300 seconds it sends a notification with the setting of " Send first DOWN and UP message ASAP, then summarize " and repeat every 120 minutes. After 5-8 minutes I get a down alert but I do not get an up alert when the condition clears. If I enable "When condition clears after a notification was triggered perform" I will get UP alerts that do not have any corresponding down alerts. Is there a way to make it only send an up if the DOWN state alert was triggered?

alerts email email-notifications prtg

Created on Mar 2, 2018 6:58:56 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

Thanks for your inquiry, we appreciate your contact regarding the matter!

Well this setting can easily be misunderstood. The "When condition clears..." option, always relates to the first line, even if no notification is set up there. So you have to set up a delay in the first line.

In your case the trigger should look like this:
When sensor state is [Down] for at least [300] seconds perform When sensor state is Down for at least seconds perform [no notification]
When sensor state is [Down] for at least [300] seconds perform [your notification] and repeat every [120] minutes
When condition clears after a notification was triggered perform [your notification]

For any further questions or issues, we're glad to help.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 5, 2018 2:04:41 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.