We currently have a mix of APC and HP UPS systems. I've been asked to create an auto-discover template for the HP UPS systems just like the default one from APC.
Unfortunately, while all the gaugesis being displayed as it should. The returned values are incorrect. I've tested the OID's with SNMPtester and then they do return the correct values.
Basically what I did is:
- Duplicate C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\devicetemplates\UPS (APC).odt to C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\devicetemplates\UPS (HP).odt
- Change all the OID values to the correct ones (tested with SNMPTester)
- Import the MIB files to C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\MIB
- Make a custom lookup file called C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\lookups\prtg.standardlookups.hp-mib.upsbattery.upsbatteryteststatus.ovl . Added 3 extra values as the HP has 7 possible states instead of 4.
When looking at the channels, I can see the correct SNMP OID, yet all 10 channels return 429496729.5 for some reason .
I can send you the logfiles from SNMPTester, the odt, ovl, etc... If you wish to re-use the code for PRTG to embed HP UPS monitoring, I don't mind.