What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cannot ceonnect with Enterprise console

Votes:

After a restart I cannot logon to the server with the Enterprise Console. I get the following error: IIS 7.5 Detailed Error - 404 NotFoundServer Error in Application "Default website"

When I try to open in browser get the same error, 404 Cannot find group.htm. I've checked the folder, and it is not there. Almost seems that the file have been deleted, but the only thing I did was a restart.

The services work, and I get mail if some of the probes are trigged, so it seems that there only a problem with the web configuration.

Thanks for any help!

enterprise-console error-404 group-htm web-server

Created on Mar 6, 2018 5:33:57 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Dear Kobit,

please go to the PRTG core server, and open the PRTG Administration Tool (from the PRTG program group) and check the PRTG web server configuration. Could it be that PRTG set itself to local access?

If possible, please use different computers for IIS and PRTG, in order to prevent port assigning issues, or select a different HTTPS port for PRTG. Please change the Enterprise Console's server configuration accordingly, so that the Enterprise Console uses the new port.

Created on Mar 7, 2018 12:44:15 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you, got it working again by checking "Insecure server port 80", and then change it back to SSL again in the PRTG Administration Tool. Don't ask me why that worked....

Created on Mar 7, 2018 3:15:53 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.