What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Top 10 Ports Bandwidth Usage Help Needed

Votes:

I am trying to create reports for each device where we can see the top 10 ports that are using the most bandwidth every month.

How would I go about doing this?

Cheers, Fred

bandwidth bandwidthsensor prtg reports

Created on Mar 7, 2018 1:01:51 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Fred,

We cannot do Top 10s based off a single device, but we can do Top 10 bandwidth map objects based off a device.

So you can create a Map, and have numerous top 10 lists for most/lease used bandwidth for as many devices as you like.

Created on Mar 8, 2018 5:33:44 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Is there a way to make it show the bandwidth over the whole month and not current?

Created on Mar 9, 2018 5:05:17 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, settings timeframes in the tables of maps is not possible. Using timeframes is only possible for reports.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 12, 2018 12:15:19 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Okay, another question, is there a way to create a report over the last year but for every month? So I don't have to manually do each month.

Cheers

Created on Mar 12, 2018 4:33:19 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

You can use the "Run Report"-Tab of the report to run a report for each month manually. Unfortunately, there is no automatic way besides the scheduling which will create a report regulary.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 13, 2018 10:56:20 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.