What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Mysql sensor secure connection issue

Votes:

I am trying to monitor a mysql database that has "require_secure_transport=ON" on the database side. I can not get the PRTG Mysql sensor to connect to the database successfully because of this.

I do not have any issues connecting to the database remotely from other apps using the same credentials.

I do not see anywhere in the config settings for the sensor where I tell it to make the connection attempt secure.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how I could get this to work?

Thanks

mysql mysql-v2-sensor secure-protocol

Created on Mar 7, 2018 7:15:18 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

What specific error do you get within PRTG or the sensor? Is it possible that the secure connection has to be done on a specific port? If so, then please enter the correct one in the Device Settings under "Credentials for Database Management Systems".

Please also try the connection manually via the "SQLv2.exe" on the Core Server/Remote Probe under "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Sensor System\".

Best regards.

Created on Mar 14, 2018 9:59:31 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.