What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Possible to add 'Open in new tab' to right-click context menu?

Votes:

When using PRTG I often want to leave the main screen open and open another tab for the particular alert or host I am investigating. Currently I hold the shift key and right-click to get the browser menu with its 'Open in new tab' option.

Would it be possible to add this option to the main PRTG context menu?

I realize this is possibly more of a feature request than an actual question, but couldn't find anywhere else to put it. If there is a better channel for these, please let me know.

ctrl feature-request new-tab open prtg shift web-gui

Created on Mar 9, 2018 3:21:51 AM

Last change on Mar 9, 2018 1:26:33 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello grist,
thank you for your KB-Post and feature request.

There are no plans for this at the present time, basically because we haven't really had much similar requests. I'm not sure what browser you're using, but in Chrome you can simply Hold Ctrl and click any link to open the link in a new tab.

Once you become used to it it is quite agile. I would even argument that it's faster than right-click and then choosing a menu option. Please let me know how it works for you.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Mar 9, 2018 1:26:17 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Aah, part of the point is not to have to touch the keyboard. I'm surprised I'm the only one this lazy. :)

Thanks anyway, grist.

Created on Mar 11, 2018 9:26:24 PM

Votes:

Hi,

As Grist mentioned in his comment, sometimes it is not only the fact of being faster to open when clicking together with the Ctrl key. It is that if I am just mouse browsing and not using the keyboard in that moment, it will be faster to have the "open in new tab" available in the context menu.

Grist, you are not he only lazy one ;-)

Created on Apr 8, 2020 10:12:07 AM

Last change on Apr 9, 2020 5:53:00 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.