What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Quality issues with PRTG

Votes:

Hi

Just wondering if I'm the only one who have noticed that the quality and stability of PRTG has dropped during the last 12 months?

1. Enterprise console; sluggish performance, strange placement of bullets and buttons (especially in the 'Settings').
  2. Enterprise console; missing graphs.
  3. Re-run of autodiscover does not add sensors.
  4. Web console; stange placement of buttons.
  5. Web console; is good for monitoring screens but not the working professionally (eg. troubleshooting).

Overall we still use PRTG, but it's affecting the popularity amongst our sys admins.

autodiscovery graphs layout stability

Created on Mar 10, 2018 8:18:50 AM

Last change on Mar 12, 2018 7:51:21 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Peter,

thank you very much for the KB-Post. Please believe me, we want PRTG to help you in your dailye work, and to play nice while doing this.
The Enterprise Console will have a successor soon. Let me know if you'd like to take a closer look at the successor and I'll send you a link to the new one. It'll fix the issues.
For the issues in the webinterface, please make sure to have the latest version installed (currently 18.1.38),as there is a constant stream of minor and bigger fixes and improvements to it. If above that something is still open, please send us an email with some screenshots and a detailed description (basically it cannot be too detailed). We'll then check it with our UI team!

best regards.

Created on Mar 13, 2018 11:42:34 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.