What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Device name

Votes:

I try to make a html email notification. I need to send it to couple different customers. I put in notification %device placeholder to inform user which device is not accessible. I need to use only the name of device without link. This is the same with the placeholder %name, sensor - with link too.

Useing in html notification device name with hyperlinks without possibility to use it (PRTG is in secure network without access to customers) not look so good.

How is possible to use the name of device and sensor name without links in html notification?

I do it with the mail_notification.htm customization.

Thank you

html notifications prtg

Created on Mar 13, 2018 8:21:37 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello krzysztofrutkowski,

Please excuse the long delay on this.

The only possible approach that I can think of would be to change the email format from HTML to either Text or Text with custom content within the Settings tab of the desired notification.

Please see this section of the PRTG manual.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 16, 2018 9:41:05 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.