What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I need to create custom report

Votes:

I am trying to create a report for our downtime events. I have copied and edited a template to generate a report with 'total downtime' being listed as shown in the below image:

Downtime Report

Circle correspods to 'group' and SSA_Location corresponds to 'devices'.

But I want to add some information to this report. I want to add all the corresponding downtime events under each node. Like the data shown in 'Historic Data' as in below picture.

Historic Data Screenshot

I also want to only fetch the Name of the groups and the nodes not the hyperlinks to them.

Any help would be really appreciated.

custom prtg report reports

Created on Mar 13, 2018 9:53:02 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Mohammad,

We appreciate your contact.

We've decided to cease support for customizing PRTG, which includes the interface, reports and other parts of PRTG. We evaluated the cases regarding customizations we've received in the past and came to the conclusion that they're too time intensive and hard to keep up with, especially with the ongoing changes in the new interfaces. You're of course free to customize it on your own, but we can't provide assistance or how-to's for it anymore. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 14, 2018 10:07:53 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

'We've decided' how convenient. Seems I am wasting my money on maintenance because according to your statement you 'can decide' to take customers money and tell them "we are stopping support because it is time consuming and we are not skilled enough to help you out".

Created on Mar 14, 2018 12:45:07 PM

Votes:

Hi Mohammad,

This only relates to customizations, since those are not officially supported by our technical support. Future updates to our PRTG software can make these changes obsolete, as PRTG is constantly changing and developing. We always try to listen to our customer's feedback and will invest our development time into features, from which our customers benefit the most. I hope you understand that this makes it hard to offer support for customizations for our large user base. We will work on improvements of the report feature in the future and will also consider your wish to be able to ease the process of customizing your reports according to your needs.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 14, 2018 2:00:21 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.