What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Brocade switch

Votes:

Hello.

How can I monitor ports (using RMON) of Brocade switches (ICX-6450-48) when the port are configured in dual mode? This ports are not visible in my PRTG (18.1.37.13946 x64)

Thanks in advance for your answers

Best regards

Dirk Emmermacher

prtg-network-monitor rmon switch-port

Created on Mar 13, 2018 9:59:40 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello Dirk,

Thanks for your inquiry, we appreciate your contact regarding the matter!

I don't think that the Brocade switch is able to use RMON, if the port is configured in dual mode. I could not get any information in the corresponding manual. I would recommend to ask brocade itself, since we are not able to get further here.

Please let us know about the results.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 13, 2018 2:32:45 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Birk.

You're right. The ports are monitored using SNMP. In the Brocade forum I asked for this problem. I'm back here, when I've got an answer.

Regards

Dirk Emmermacher

Created on Mar 14, 2018 6:05:39 AM

Votes:

Hello Birk.

I found a solution. Its possible to add the sensors for ports configured in Dual-Mode manually.

Regards

Dirk

Created on Mar 14, 2018 7:01:09 AM

Votes:

Hello Dirk,

We are glad you got this working. Thanks for your response. We appreciate that.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 14, 2018 8:48:16 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.