What is the PRTG Data Extractor and where can I find it?
PRTG Data Extractor
Important: The PRTG Data Extractor has been discontinued. There is no further development planned for this freeware tool. You can still use it but we do not provide support for it anymore.
The PRTG Data Extractor is a freeware network tool that retrieves raw monitoring data from the internal database of your PRTG server via the PRTG API and transfers the data into a Microsoft SQL server database. This enables you to apply a reporting tool that processes the SQL data and generate custom reports specific to your needs.
If you have higher demands on your reports than the available standard reports in PRTG provide, then try out the Data Extractor in combination with a suitable reporting server.
- PRTG Core Server version 14.3.11 or later (we recommend an additional PRTG installation for data extraction, for example, the freeware edition, on which you run a copy of your live system)
- Microsoft SQL Server (recommended: SQL Server 2012)
- Report generation software (for example, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services, SAP BusinessObjects)
- At least basic knowledge about and experience with databases and reporting systems
For more details about the PRTG Data Extractor and its setup and requirements, we recommend that you have a look at the manual that comes with it. There you can also find instructions for the demo reports that we deliver with the PRTG Data Extractor to demonstrate its usage.
Note: Please understand that we cannot provide recommendations nor support for your database and reporting server setup. Also we cannot give any help for SQL queries. Please have a look at our demo reports and, if you need further assistance, contact the support of your reporting tool.
Download the ZIP file here, unzip all files into a folder of your choice, and run the DataExtractor.exe file to start the PRTG Data Extractor.
Created on Mar 14, 2018 1:31:49 PM by
Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]
Last change on Oct 10, 2018 4:42:19 PM by
Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]
if you are looking for data extraction from PRTG to SQL / Oracle database, try our new
You can download for free and test for 30 days.
- export from multiple PRTG servers into 1 database
- export to any number of DBs you need
- export to MSSQL or Oracle (more DBMS types coming)
- continuous automatic exporting to keep SQL data in sync
- smart sensor filtering to automatically include new sensors in export
- and more...
Feel free to contact our support team if you have any questions at [email protected]
Produced by CORP IT, Paessler Uptime Aliance Partner
Created on Feb 12, 2020 2:56:50 PM by
Please log in or register to enter your reply.