What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can PRTG's graphs view a percentile line?

Votes:

Hi,

We invoice on the 95 percentile value and we deliver reports to our customers (on monthly basis and live data) but without a line indicating that value. So, is it possible to show the 95 percentile line on the graphs?

I remember some other monitoring software be capable of doing so.

Mario

graphs percentile reporting wishlist

Created on Aug 17, 2010 2:48:38 PM

Last change on Aug 23, 2010 8:03:04 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

13 Replies

Votes:

Dear Mario,

in the moment this is not possible. Could you maybe explain your request a bit more? Would you want to have a flat fixed line for the overall percentile in a report?

Best Regards.

Created on Aug 18, 2010 1:59:13 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, that is exactly what we need ...

Mario

Created on Aug 18, 2010 2:18:41 PM

Votes:

Even being able to have a "trend line" on a live graph would come in handy sometimes. Obviously not all graphs need a trend line, so maybe make it an option? And have it based on 95th percentile or running average.

Created on Aug 18, 2010 3:32:07 PM

Votes:

We will put this on the wishlist. Please bear with us.

Created on Aug 23, 2010 9:05:18 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would also like to put my hand up in request for this feature. For us a 95% line would be most useful for the reports function. We use PRTG to generate bandwidth billing reports for clients and having a flat line across the 30day graph adds a nice visual indicator that PHBs seem to like.

Created on Aug 30, 2010 4:32:30 PM

Votes:

I'm also in need of the 95 percentile line.

Created on Jul 9, 2012 9:14:35 AM

Votes:

Highly needed and requested by clients. Clients want to know their state in order to know if they can move to prepaid bandwidth or yet use 95 percentile method.

Created on Aug 31, 2012 10:00:12 AM

Votes:

I would like to have this as well. It would let me easily compare my bill to with the ISP shows.

Created on Nov 21, 2013 8:03:14 PM

Votes:

I would also like this.

Created on Nov 14, 2014 1:57:21 PM

Votes:

This option is already available? It's something very necessary. The original post has more than five years.

Created on May 22, 2015 1:00:10 AM

Votes:

This option is not available. This feature is still on our "wish list".

Created on May 22, 2015 2:18:04 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would like this too.

Created on Jul 30, 2015 1:41:46 PM

Votes:

It probably won't be integrated since it will eat up too much system ressources due to the constant calculations going on in the background. Sorry!

Created on Jul 30, 2015 2:00:23 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.