What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to create an Oracle SQL v2 sensor

Votes:

I add the sensor How to create an Oracle SQL v2 sensor and configure the port of oracle. the user and the password but I get this error.

• Requires .NET 4.5 or later on the probe system.
  • Define credentials, custom port (if required), and timeout in settings section Credentials for Database Management Systems of the parent device, or in the settings of a group or probe above.
  • Your SQL query must be stored in a file on the system of the probe the sensor is created on. If you use it on a remote probe, store the file on the system running the remote probe. In a cluster setup, copy the file to every cluster node.
  • PRTG Manual: Monitoring Databases (includes an example for channel value selection)
  • Knowledge Base: How to setup the SQL v2 sensors in PRTG? Is there a guide?
  • Knowledge Base: How can I monitor strings from an SQL database and show a sensor status depending on it?
  • Knowledge Base: How can I monitor error tables in SQL databases?
  • Knowledge Base: Why do I have to store SQL sensor queries and custom scripts in files on the probe computer?
  • Save the SQL script with the query into the \Custom Sensors\sql\oracle subfolder of your PRTG installation. See manual section Data Storage for more information about how to find this path.
  • This sensor type supports Oracle database servers version 10.2 or higher

I have done many of the things that they ask me for, but it does not work when I create it.

database oracle-sql-sensor prtg sql sqlv2

Created on Mar 16, 2018 9:31:36 PM

Last change on Mar 19, 2018 11:49:19 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello there,
we appreciate your contact.

A quick (and frustration free) way to test this sensor is to actually run it manually. On the PRTG Server, head to C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Sensor System\ and run SQLv2.exe It will give you a GUI from where you can test the connection to your SQL Server. Enter a simply query were it reads "Insert Query Here!" and configure the necessary credentials in this tool. Please let us know how this goes.

If this test succeeds, please double-check that you've entered exactly the same credentials in PRTG:

If this test fails, please install the SQL Management Console for your SQL server on the PRTG host and confirm that you're able connect using this tool (with the same credentials) instead.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Mar 19, 2018 11:49:05 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.