What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Upload to download ratio monitor

Votes:

Dear technical team, I want to divide the value of two channels. let me explain more about my problem. i want to divide the send traffic to receive and then multiply it to 100 : (send/receive)*100 , i created a sensor factory and in Channel Definition part i wrote : ((2348,0)/(2348,1))*100 but i got a bad request error : The validation of at least one of the new objects faild because of the following : . At least one channel must be defined. i don't know what to do to resolve this problem. ive to mention that the sensor is port channel interface of a cisco router and it has traffic value in gigabit /s . i would really appreciate it if you could help me, thanks in advance.

devide sensor-factory upload-download-ratio

Created on Mar 17, 2018 10:50:26 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you for the KB Post. From the description it seems you've missed the keywords Channel in your definition:

(Channel(2348,0)/Channel(2348,1))*100 

best regards.

Created on Mar 19, 2018 12:51:07 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks for your answer , but ive tried with the channel keyword as you mentioned as well , but ive got the error for bad request : The validation of at least one of the new objects failed because of the following : . At least one channel must be defined.

what can i do to resolve the problem?

Created on Mar 25, 2018 6:18:38 AM

Votes:

According to the error message, the actual channel number wasn't defined:

#1:Channel_NAME
(Channel(2348,0)/Channel(2348,1))*100 

Created on Mar 26, 2018 11:50:40 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks you very much for the useful hint , i made that change and that's the real error i gave : The validation of at least one of the new objects failed because of the following: Error in channel "UL/DL[]" (4) : Multiplication or division of two delta channels. (code: PE2007)

as i mentioned i want to measure the upload to download ration by dividing the upload and download channel of my uplink's graph , i'd be so appreciated if you could help me solve that.

Created on Apr 3, 2018 4:12:15 AM

Votes:

I see, you are using delta based sensors here (Traffic Sensors). You cannot use such sensors in multiplication / division formulas with each other.
You'll have to use two channels here, one for each direction of traffic and calculate a percentage base (for example both to 100 mbit).

Created on Apr 3, 2018 7:40:15 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

i see , i used zabbix for this issue and it could handle my request. i'd be appreciate that if PRTG could help us for this needs.

Created on Apr 18, 2018 11:22:21 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.