What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Top talkers history lost after reboot

Votes:

I'm running several Netflow V9 sensors. Generally it keeps the top talkers history for a long time. This morning I rebooted the PC running PRTG, and after the reboot, the history is all gone. I can only see what's been created since the reboot.

Is this normal?

netflow prtg sensor

Created on Mar 19, 2018 9:11:25 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello Peter,

Thank you very much for your contact.

Usually, the Top Lists are not being deleted due to a restart of PRTG. Please check the PRTG data directory on the Core Server:
C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Toplist Database
Do you see any file that has .corrupted in its name?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 20, 2018 12:21:42 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, there are several with date/times around when I rebooted.

Are they recoverable? Doesn't really matter if they aren't. Is there a way to avoid this happening again?

Created on Mar 20, 2018 9:19:50 PM

Votes:

Hi Peter,

Might be related to the PRTG version you currently have running. Last year we addressed an issue regarding data loss in NetFlow sensors. It was fixed in version 17.2.32.2206.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Mar 21, 2018 7:47:01 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks. I was on v17.1.28.1032, and had thought it was th latest. I didn't realise I have to manually tell it to check for new versions. I'm now on 18.1.38.11958.

Created on Mar 27, 2018 8:41:41 PM

Votes:

"I didn't realise I have to manually tell it to check for new versions."

Yes, "funny story", there was indeed an issue with auto-update as well, not informing about new versions.... ^^

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Mar 28, 2018 7:01:35 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 28, 2018 7:58:07 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.