What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Failed to establish secure connection: Socket error 11002 - offline activation of license

Votes:

Hello,

We are trying to install PRTG on a server on secure network (no internet connection allowed). We tried the offline activation and received error: Failed to establish secure connection: Socket error 11002 - offline activation of license.

If i change something in the key it says that the key is incorrect so it does know when it's correct and when it's not. what is the procedure to solve this issue. We are using the latest version that we downloaded from this site (i believe its version 18).

let me know if you need more information.

At the moment this is a free trial key for a customer that wants to start monitoring his network, if he likes the test he will most likely purchase a license, but first we need this to work..

offline-activation prtg socket-error-11002

Created on Mar 23, 2018 7:49:27 AM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

Are you using IE11 by any chance? Kindly try another browser, as we're currently seeing this issue only with IE11.

Let me know if it worked!

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 23, 2018 11:50:24 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

worked like a charm :) (took us some time to get the proper clearance to install firefox on that device, hence the slow reply).

Thank you very much, have a nice day.

Created on Mar 30, 2018 5:21:18 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Glad it's up and running now :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 3, 2018 6:11:43 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am using the Firefox in which I am also getting the same error

Created on Mar 24, 2020 3:38:12 AM

Votes:

Even when placing the activation.dat in the corresponding directory?

Created on Mar 24, 2020 8:05:36 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.