What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Uses for device tools

Votes:

I would like to know what I can use the device tools for and how to use it. I have not been able to find anything concrete on how the device tools work and how much I can do with it.

Would it be possible to do something like using netsnmp in a command prompt to walk through a table, no matter what host I run the device tool on?

I think the device tools can be pretty useful if it can run scripts that pull and manage data with just the click of a button.

Currently I am just tryin to use netsnmp on a Windows machine to get some SNMP tables from a switch, but so far I have not been able to get it to work as it is unclear on how I should enter the command in the device tools.

device-tools netsnmp scripts

Created on Mar 26, 2018 1:56:27 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

You can find the manual regarding the device tools for the EC on the following site:

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/options_enterprise_console#tools
Let me know if any questions are open.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 27, 2018 9:55:28 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.