What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Modifying placeholder %traperrors contents

Votes:

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to modify the content of %traperrors (when configured with custom email). It is sending lots of unwanted detailed such as: Agent, Enterprise, GenTrap, SpecTrap, Timeticks, with empty values. Can I remove all and keep Source and Bindings info only to get a better emails?

Thanks,

-traperrors content-of--traperrors modifying-placeholder placeholder

Created on Mar 28, 2018 8:46:17 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hey btati1,

Actually, there is no way to modify the content of the placeholders for SNMP Trap or Syslog messages.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Mar 29, 2018 4:26:06 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Is there a way to modify basic placeholders like %message %status. For example, I would like to modify from seeing

14 % (Percent Available Memory) is below the warning limit of 30 % in Percent Available Memory

to

14 % Available Memory

or from

Warning ESCALATION

to

WARNING

Thanks, Marian.

Created on Apr 24, 2018 11:07:35 AM

Votes:

Hey mariancraciun,

Unfortunately, this can't be changed/adjusted either, I'm afraid.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Apr 24, 2018 12:48:47 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.