What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

The PRTGCoreService could not be installed. Please re-run the installation program.

Votes:

Attempting a new installation of PRTG (Using 10.1.38.11958 installer) there are no PRTG related services added to Windows (Windows 10 in this case.)

When I go to the PRTG Administration Tool, the Service Start/Stop tab shows that the services are Not installed/Unknown.

When I press save and close the Administration Tool attempts to install the services, but fails with the following error messages displayed:

The PRTGCoreService could not be installed. Please re-run the installation program. [OK] Sorry, could not install the PRTG Core Server service. [OK] PRTG Core Server Service could not be started: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. [OK] Sorry, could not start the PRTG Core Server (Web server) Unknown [OK]

Rerunning the installer, uninstalling and reinstalling PRTG (and manually deleting PRTG's ProgramData folder) has not resolved the problem.

administration core-service installation

Created on Mar 29, 2018 6:52:55 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Are you installing PRTG with Administrator privileges?

Where did you download your installer from?

Created on Mar 30, 2018 5:25:14 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

I have the same problem. I install PRTG with Administrator privileges (and i download the installer from PRTG site).

Thanks

Created on Sep 18, 2018 11:44:39 AM

Votes:

Please stop the Core Server Service and perform the following steps:
- open a commandline (cmd.exe) as an Administrator
- enter the following command:
sc delete PRTGCoreService
- navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\64 bit\" within the commandline:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\64 bit\"
- enter the following command:
"PRTG Server.exe" /install

This command needs a while to complete. Afterwards please try to start the Core Server Service again, does that work?

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Sep 18, 2018 7:15:31 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

it's ok.

Thanks so much for your help

Created on Sep 20, 2018 9:48:22 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.