What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can't add SNMP UCS Chassis sensor

Votes:

I have a UCS c220 that I'm trying to add under monitoring. I'm able to add the SNMP Cisco Disk sensor, and the SNMP Cisco UCS System Health sensor, but I cannot add the SNMP Cisco UCS Chassis sensor. The error is telling me to check the lookups on the channels, but I have no idea what I'm looking for.

cisco snmp ucs

Created on Apr 3, 2018 5:15:54 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Are you not able to add these sensors or are they showing you a specific error? If the later, then please forward us the exact error message so we can analyze this further.

Best regards.

Created on Apr 4, 2018 9:18:37 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

When I attempt to add the sensor under my CIMC device, I get the following error:

Sorry, the scan for available monitoring items has failed!

Could not create the sensor SNMP Cisco UCS Chassis on device GRAMCIMC (gramcimc.lan.cdgram.com). Please check the following resources:

-This sensor type uses lookups to determine the status values of one or more sensor channels. This means that possible states are defined in a lookup file. You can change the behavior of a channel by editing the lookup file that this channel uses. For details, see the manual section Define Lookups. -For a general introduction to the technology behind SNMP, please see the manual section Monitoring via SNMP.

I would assume this sensor would follow the same criteria as the SNMP Cisco UCS System Health, which I was successfully able to add.

Thanks for your help!

Created on Apr 4, 2018 2:51:35 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please use our SNMP Tester (https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester), run it on the PRTG Host (or host of the Remote Probe), and perform a "Walk" against the target device with the following OID:

Which results do you get in the Tester? Please send us the result logfile from the Tester.

Best regards.

Created on Apr 4, 2018 8:08:35 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have this same issue as well. The OID doesn't exist on the target device. Here is the log file from the SNMP tester:

----------------------- New Test -----------------------
Paessler SNMP Tester 5.2.3 Computername: prtg Interface: 1.1.1.1
8/3/2018 8:44:49 AM (1 ms) : Device: 1.1.1.1
8/3/2018 8:44:49 AM (1 ms) : SNMP V2c
8/3/2018 8:44:49 AM (2 ms) : Custom OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.15.7
8/3/2018 8:44:49 AM (7 ms) : SNMP Datatype: SNMP_EXCEPTION_NOSUCHOBJECT
8/3/2018 8:44:49 AM (8 ms) : -------
8/3/2018 8:44:49 AM (9 ms) : Value: No such object (SNMP error # 222)
8/3/2018 8:44:49 AM (10 ms) : Don

Created on Aug 3, 2018 3:47:04 PM

Last change on Aug 3, 2018 6:01:55 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there,

When the device is not offering any data under the defined OIDs, then PRTG is unable to monitor them. Please contact Cisco as they should now know and should be able to answer why this OID is not available.

Best regards.

Created on Aug 3, 2018 6:02:41 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.