What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Überwachung Verbindung Netzlaufwerk / Monitoring connection network drive

Votes:

Hello everybody,

we have equipment / machines in use to move the data to a network drive. Can I somehow check if the network drive is connected? And when the last file was written to the drive?

MfG / Greets

Robert

abfrage network-share share

Created on Apr 4, 2018 10:57:54 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Robert,

Did you already try the Folder Sensor? This will list monitor the share and will contain a channel which displays the age of the oldest and newest file.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Apr 5, 2018 7:42:53 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Felix,

yes, I've already tried the sensor. But I can not get it to run. I always get the error PE032.

I think I do not give the path of the folder correctly.

I have a network drive:

Drive letter: U Path: Server name \ Home \ username

What must the path I look for there look like?

Thank you

greeting

Robert

Created on Apr 9, 2018 9:46:59 AM

Votes:

Hello Robert,

I'd recommend to go for the name of the share. This needs to be the UNC path without the server address part at the front. This part is taken from the address field of the settings of the parent device. So it needs to look like this: \ShareName\Path

Best regards, Felix

Created on Apr 10, 2018 11:44:37 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.