What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cannot approve pyhton mini probe

Votes:

I recently installed a python mini probe on debian. I can start and stop the mini probe service on debian. The installation and setup succeeded and the mini probe stated that it could connect with my core server, but it is not appearing in my device tree.

I also gave it one of the access keys located under the core & probes settings and it connects to the webserver. I am not using a seperate port for the mini probes. I have also put the IP in the allowed IPs and setup PRTG to allow mini probes to access the webinterface.

Is there something else I might have to check for the mini probe to appear in my device list? I already restarted my core server just to be sure.

approve python-mini-probe settings

Created on Apr 6, 2018 8:36:12 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

It appears the HTTPS connection is being denied in a firewall.

The log files give connection timeouts and commands like wget give timouts or strange ssl/https related errors. It should work after appropriate changes have been made in the firewall.

Created on Apr 6, 2018 9:43:39 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Great that you found the reason for the issue. You can usually test the connection by using "wget" or "curl".

Let us know if something is unclear.

Best regards.

Created on Apr 6, 2018 10:01:17 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.