What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Display uptime

Votes:

Can I have a sensor display the uptime of the device itself in a percentage? I know that every sensor has its own uptime percentage with an indicator of when it was down for the last time, but I would like to be able to do that for the device itself.

Could I use the ping sensor or snmp system uptime in a specific way to achieve that or is there another way? I do not want to click on a sensor to know its uptime for a device.

I also would like to know what a good way would be to show my uptime in relation to a SLA.

ping sla uptime

Created on Apr 9, 2018 2:29:42 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Freek,

Displaying the uptime of a device in the device tree of PRTG's interface is not possible, I'm afraid. Creating a Ping Sensor or Uptime Sensor is indeed the best way to go here. If you want to create a report or only display the availability of multiple sensors in a single calculated value, you can use our Business Process Sensor. This allows you to add multiple sensors and to define how many of these sensors need to be up so that your SLA is fulfilled.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Apr 11, 2018 6:04:38 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.