What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Embed Sensor Status in external Website

Votes:

Hey Guys

I want to embed the status (online/offline/..) of some sensors in an external intranet site. I searched in the web to find an answer but I didnt really found something. Can I realize this without API, or do I have to use API? I do not really know much about API so is there a detailed manual or something (the official API manual wasnt really helping me). Or is it also possible to use iframes or something like this?

Thank you for your answers. With kind regards, Ben

api external-access sensor

Created on Apr 9, 2018 3:04:48 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

You can find the API Documentation within the Webinterface under "Setup > PRTG API".

What specifically is your plan? Please note that the API has a certain format which most likely has to be parsed via a JavaScript or via the Webapplication where you want to embed it.

Best regards.

Created on Apr 10, 2018 10:21:05 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

How about creating your own map and embed it (in an iFrame) in your external website?

Created on Apr 10, 2018 12:37:21 PM

Votes:

Hey, Yeah I have read this Documentation.

I have an intranet site, on which I want to show a green light if a sensor is ok, or a red light if the sensor is not okay. I found out, that I can get the status of a sensor into json while using /api/table.json?content=sensors&columns=objid,status&objid=1001. But I dont now how to use this in my intranet site. I have some expertise in html and css but I know almost nothing about php or javascript. I dont now how to parse this via JavaScript... Is there a documentation for this or do you have an idea how I can use this?

thanks for your answer

Created on Apr 10, 2018 2:32:52 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

The answer from PRTGToolsFamily should help you to easily embed this information externally. :)

The key is basically using a public map which displays these information.

Best regards.

Created on Apr 10, 2018 7:02:35 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.