What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Upgrading PRTG

Votes:

I have multiple probes for my PRTG setup but i only want to update the main core engine and not the probes, i have a duplicate environment and it has access to the probes. can this be achieved or do i have to remove the probes completely and if so what affect would this have adding them back in?

prtg17 update upgrade

Created on Apr 12, 2018 11:23:57 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Michael,

If you update your PRTG Core Server, all Remote Probes will get an automatic update. This cannot be turned off since the Remote Probes always need to run on the very same version as the PRTG Core Server. If you remove the remote probes from the configuration, every configured sensor on this probe as well as all historic data is lost.

May I ask why exactly you do not want to update the Remote Probe?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Apr 13, 2018 10:26:35 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.