What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Binding PRTG Console

Votes:

Hello,

I've at present a PRTG server however a customer has a console and I shall like binding his console PRTG to ours (2 distinct licenses).

It's possible?

console licence prtg server

Created on Apr 12, 2018 1:52:54 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello Quentin,

If you want to merge two license, for example two 500 sensor licenses into one PRTG 1,000 license, that's not possible. If you want to add several PRTG installations into the very same Enterprise Console, you can click on the (+) Add PRTG Server Connection and enter the server information from your customer.

Does this help you, or is there anything else I can do?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Apr 13, 2018 10:23:47 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your return

In my case, the server has a license of 1000 and the distant company which has its own console PRTG has licens ( less than 100 sensors).

After your statements, I cannot make what I wish.

Created on Apr 13, 2018 11:55:55 AM

Votes:

Hi Quentin,

Merging configurations of multiple core servers is not possible as well. Using the Auto-Discovery should allow you to quickly re-deploy the sensors of the PRTG 100 license.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Apr 13, 2018 12:05:58 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello

It's possible to install a distant probe on the server where the console is present (or even on another server) and to export the configuration of the distant console to matter on my console?

Created on Apr 16, 2018 6:59:49 AM

Votes:

Hello Quentin,

It is possible to run the Enterprise Console on the same machine where a Remote Probe is installed. As Remote Probes do not provide a webinterface, you need to add the IP addresses of the Core Server, to which the Remote Probe is connected to, in the Enterprise Console.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Apr 17, 2018 9:32:23 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Concerning the export of my configurations via the .DAT file, it's possible to put all that I have on the distant console on my console?

If I can export my configurations, I shall win 3 workdays....

Created on Apr 17, 2018 9:38:21 AM

Votes:

Hello Quentin,

I'm afraid that it's just possible to copy the complete configuration file to the new server and to delete superfluous objects. Partially migrating Remote Probes is not possible.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Apr 17, 2018 10:06:50 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.