What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I would like to see interactive Google Maps for PRTG's Geo Map feature

Votes:

In version 8.0/8.1 the maps are based on static images. I would like to see the interactive features of the Google Maps AJAX API in PRTG (e.g. panning, zooming, clickable markers, etc.).

geo-maps google maps

Created on Aug 19, 2010 8:35:25 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Is it our intention to get a clickable map??

Yes and no.

• Yes: It would be a nice feature, undisputable.
  • No: The Javascript based implementation requires so much more CPU cycles on the browser side, and we refresh the page every 30 or 60 seconds to make it even worse. The current PNG-images based implementation on the other side needs only minimal browser resources. And, the static maps don't require a "Maps API Key"....

So, for now, we will stay with the static images. We may add the interactive maps later.

Also see Can I get Geo Maps larger than 640x640? Can I have mouse hover functions?

Created on Aug 19, 2010 8:37:24 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.